This assignment on the scientific method consists of three parts.
Write a one or two page paper on the scientific method. Your paper must do the following:
- Answer: “What is the Scientific Method?”
- List steps in the Scientific Method.
- Look at different websites. Identify any differences you may find.
- Explain how scientists use the Scientific Method.
Select a Plant Experiment or pick a topic from this website.
Before beginning the experiment you must complete an Experimental Design Diagram and a Project Design Diagram. The Four Question Strategy may help you in the design of this experiment.
The Scientific Method is the format of the science experiment you will do for your major science experiment.
These are the steps you need to follow:
- Pick a topic that interests you.
- Put your topic into a question that can be answered by your research.
- Find out background information about your topic so that you can predict an answer to your question.
- Hypothesis: After you’ve done your research, make a prediction as to what you think the answer to your question is. This is your hypothesis. (Project Design Diagram).
- Experiment: This is the actual experiment that you will conduct. (Experimental Design Diagram).
- Analysis: This is the data you have collected. This information may be displayed in a table, graph, pictures, photographs, or a combination of all of these.
- Conclusion: Write a report.